<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 09, 2002

Heather: The news is in. We found out yesterday that I'm pregnant again. I'm going to re-test in a couple days because it doesn't seem real, even though false positives are rare to the point of nonexistent. It's a surprise, not really an accident. We wanted to wait another 2 months but it seems God has other plans. A grand total of 5 weeks along and Dale already thinks it's another girl. As wonderful a dad as he is to Madeleine, it wouldn't bother me too much.
I admit I'm a little apprehensive having two babies so close together. Sure, it's still 8 months away or so, which means Madeleine will be walking and understanding more and all that. When my mom got pregnant with me 6 weeks after my sister was born, my dad hoped I was a girl. I'm hoping--I'm afraid to admit this--that this one's a boy. I just want to sidestep that whole rivalry issue as much as possible. Then again, our niece and nephew in Alma fight over everything and they're 21 months apart.
My mom was more supportive than I thought she'd be. I didn't think she'd advise termination; I know her (and she knows me) better than that. I just don't want to spend the next however long apprehensive about the effects.
Gotta go, someone just woke from her nap!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?