<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 10, 2002

Heather: This morning's test came up positive again. I'm still pregnant.
I realize life has to consist of more than new food tricks Maddie does and gestational updates; I just haven't had time for anything else today. Maddie's latest: eating banana. She overfilled her mouth with the last inch, inch-and-a-half portion. When I noticed and asked her what was going on, she smiled. And squeezed out some banana like a demented Play-Doh machine. I caught it and we shared that extra.
But today I was helping my mother clean out my grandmother's house. Mind you, Grandma passed back on January 1, 2000, so this has been a long time coming. My sister and her fiance-now-husband were living there with their young son, so it's really my sister's stuff that is getting cleared out and not Grandma's.
No, sister was not evicted. She and husband (and son) moved into their own home last fall. Unfortunately, there was some confusion over the status of the utilities and Mom thought she couldn't get over there this past winter without heat and water. Well, we got over there a couple weeks ago and I heard the refridgerator running as soon as we walked in, the water worked, and even the gas was on. Nuts, this could all have been done ages ago!
It will still require (at least) one more trip. Mom, while thorough, isn't the speediest worker in the world. She's... detail-oriented, and since this is her project, I'm just the hired help. Hopefully this will get done before school starts up again *gasp* next month.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?