<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 07, 2002

Heather: Well, Madeleine is finally asleep. We'll see how long this lasts; she hasn't had her "sleep-3-hours", wake-and-eat" stretch in a couple weeks, anyway. Since I'm still nursing her, it goes right through and she gets hungry. If anyone has any tips besides giving her solid food (doing that--she's hardly a fussy eater) and letting her cry it out (we can't take it), please share.
Friday was a terrific day. I don't have many friends in the area, even fewer who are married and fewer still with kids. Some days the only adult I talk to is Dale. Don't get me wrong, he's great, but sometimes it's a chick thing, you know? What I was getting to: Friends were in town from Chicago and I got to hang out with Diane. We met way back in the first week of college--we were on the same quad. When our RA got us all together and played getting to know each other games, both of us remember years later what the other said. Everything else anyone said is gone, but I remember her saying that she's a Cubs fan and she doesn't have a perm. Anyway, even though she and her husband don't have kids they ARE married and that's a start.
Then, just as they were leaving, Christina came by. She's getting married soon (January) and she and her fiance are buying a house. We went by to see the house while Dale stayed home with Maddie. We went for a little walk in the neighborhood and got some fresh air. So, two grown women (besides my mother) in one day. THAT is what makes it terrific.
I don't think that makes me a bad mom to feel a little relief to be away from my daughter. After all, a whole person makes a better mother than a partial one, right?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?