<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 06, 2002

Dale: Gross clerical stupidity from our neck of the woods. Scroll down till you get to Attn: Cardinal Maida! Here's a priest who could do with shutting up. I heartily concur with the sentiment. I have two suggestions for reading this fatuous bongload of pseudomoral bloviating. First, substitute "Paul Shanley" for the candidate's name, and I very much doubt that Fr. Ortman would be so sanguine about "absolute freedom", yadda yadda yadda (not that I'm equating the actions of the two persons--I know I'd prefer to live next door to Granholm, in a heartbeat. But the actions each defends are both horribly destructive). Second, while the Lord recognizes the capacity of His creatures to choose, He makes quite clear which choices are correct. See Deuteronomy 30:19 for the preeminent example.

As far as disciplining the priest in question? I'm sure nothing will happen. The mouthpiece for the Archdiocese, Ned McGrath, will deflect it, like he does with all such questions, and eventually people will forget. Fr. Ortman will continue his seemingly permanent career track as an associate priest (I know of him, as he used to be an associate at our parish), and nothing more will be said.

What we can't forget is that such false assuaging of consciences allows Catholics to vote accordingly.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?