<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 31, 2002

Dale: Hail! To the victors valiant! Hail! To the conquering heroes! Hail! Hail! To Michigan, The Leaders and Best!

The process of shaping my infant daughter into a Michigan Wolverines fan continues. As my father made me a Michigan fan, so shall Madeleine follow the Maize and Blue with devotion. She's getting there (Heather, for mysterious reasons, is a State fan). A truly magnificent game, the kind the Wolverines invariably end up on the short end of. But not today...

Nope. Nor did my gift for negative prophecy come through, either. As kicker Philip Brabbs (0 for 2 field goal attempts on the day, and not remotely close on either one) came on to the field, with five seconds left and 44 yards facing the kick, I put my head into my hands. I then turned to my wife and said, in frustration: "He's going to miss. He can't kick [crap]!" Mercifully, the ball sailed right down the middle of the uprights, with room to spare. A few seconds later, I called my dad, who answered the phone with a shouted "Go Blue!" It's his birthday, and a better present couldn't be had. He got the stuff from us earlier this week.

Hail! Hail! To Michigan, Champions of the West!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?