<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 29, 2002

Heather: I just had a Mommy Moment that brought tears to my eyes.
We've had dinner and are waiting for Dale to finish something before we head out on our evening walk. Maddie and I are in the living room, she investigating her Disney's First Baby Books and I reading one of my own ("Mitten Strings for God," which, if I never pick up again, I'll have gotten my $4 worth out of and I'm only on page 30 or so).
I see her crawling among her toys scattered on the floor. She finds her Madeline doll, the one that goes with the story books. She picks it up, says with quiet surprise, "Bay bay," and cuddles it right to her. Then she picks up her other soft baby doll and cuddles that one under the other arm.
Where did she learn this, to cuddle a baby so? Have we been that blessed?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?