<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 18, 2002

Heather: I'll start out light and get heavier. On the light note...
I realized something today. Growing up my mother would put my hair in a ponytail. Virtually every day until I was 13 1/2, when I rebelled. From then on I pretty much wore it down, as it was easier to show off and more fun. All through high school and college, it ws clean and combed (in the morning) and, as long as it pretty much stayed out of my face, we had a live and let live relationship.
Now? Well, we'll just say it's astonishing how much Mom has learned in the past year or so. A vast and varied collection of scrunchies testifies to this. How do I wear my hair now? In a ponytail, virtually every day. Sigh....

The heavier note.
Just about everyone reading this knows Dale and I anticipate our second child in March. Maddie will be 18 months old then, which is quite close in today's day and age. We got Maddie the first month of trying and #2 by surprise, so we have had no trouble with conceiving. My mother's five granchildren (I count the Price to be named later) were all conceived with a total of one month of missing. My dad was the oldest of 10, Mom #4 of 5... Infertility is not in the genes.
Which brings me to my point.
Kathy, former neighbor and her husband Mike, no kids. Brother's friends Mike and Sherry, and Russ and Kathy, still trying? Coworker Kristin and Ian, who tried for about 6 months before success (she's due in October). Coworker Terri and her husband who had to use Clomid to get the healthy Katie, born this past spring. JoAnn and her husband, trying as of this spring and still no luck. Helen at church and her husband, 51 years of trying.
How many couples is that? I can only imagine the pain, disappointment, anger... Who are we, that God has decided to gift us with angels in our home? That we can see and hug and laugh with? Who are we to question the when and how?
I realize there are children born into this world loved only by God. I think, though, the pain of NOT having them when you want them is worse than having them and not wanting them.
I put my faith in God that He knows what He's doing giving us another child so soon (and pray thankfully for such an easy pregnancy, so far), but it's tougher for me to say He knows what He's doing when children don't come to others nearly as easily. If at all.

Like I said, a bit of a heavier note. God knows what He's doing, and hopefully someday I'll have the chance to ask Him to explain.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?