<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 25, 2002

Heather:
I don't know which bothers me more, when she's upset or when she's not.
Usually, Dale drops her off at her aunt Misty's house for the day. I believe it's no less painful for him to say good-bye there than it is for me, but he spares me the anguish each morning. Except on rare occasions, like when he's hunting or has to be somewhere two hours away by 8 AM. Like today.
So, I get the precious one to her aunt's house with minor trauma (the car took some convincing to start). She had fallen asleep on the 10-minute car ride--par for the course since she'd been up since 5:15. I could barely get her coat off before she was racing around, pointing out the TV, going into the toy room, greeting her adoring subjects. I was lucky enough to be along the route to get a kiss good-bye.
A few months ago, I had the duty of dropping her off and she wouldn't let go of my jacket, wailing like she was being abandoned to the care of wolves.
Both times I was a little choked up walking out to the car.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?