<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 18, 2002

Heather:
I get all kinds of things running around in my head to blog when I'm driving, but it goes *poof* when I have the time to sit down. At least it keeps me from too many tangential threads.
I've started saying a rosary every morning on my way in to work. It started last month (coincidentally, the Month of the Rosary) with all of the Washington sniper coverage. I feel for those folks living in terror; unfortunately, there wasn't much I could do about it. I decided instead to say a rosary and I felt much better and now it's a habit. I've read recently that 2003 is going to be the Year of the Rosary, so I'm ahead of the game.
For those of you reading the other blog as well, Dale's hunting streak continues. I'll let him tell about his brother's experience this year. I'll give away this much--his streak continues, too.
My mother-in-law is visiting us. Her primary reason is to see her granddaughter, something I can entirely understand. What it means to me is, Maddie doesn't need to be dressed and bundled out to the car in the morning. I don't have to worry about getting her picked up by a certain time (not that Misty is that fussy, but I don't want to take advantage). Dinner is going to be prepared by someone else and dollars to doughnuts the dishes that were sitting near the sink will have been washed when I get home.
I love my mother-in-law.
Oh, as of last check I've gotten a couple of emails of advice on what to do when/if the kids ask about our observance (or lack thereof) of our faith before they came around. Sincere thanks to you. I'm reminded of a friend of mine from college whose birthday is in mid-February. His parents' anniversary is in late June the year earlier--you count it out. He was around 19 when he asked his mom, "When were you going to tell me?"
His mother said, "Bill, we kind of assumed you would figure it out."
Let the record show he is the oldest of six or seven (don't recall which).
Anyway. I'm caffeinated this morning (only one cup--even that is rare) so the mind is going rapidly around in circles. I hope it straightens out and calms down by bedtime.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?