<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 11, 2002

Heather: Score one for Daddy.

As our regular readership knows, Maddie was diagnosed with an ear infection on Halloween. At about 3 AM. We were dutifully administering her amoxicillin, twice daily as prescribed. She HATES it. Last week Misty emailed me to let me know Maddie's temp was up to 101.7, she'd given her some of the stuff we had in the diaper bag, and I might want to get there as soon as possible. As it was after 3 when she told me, I was already on my way out and this just provided extra impetus.
Anyway, she had been still acting funny, too. Not sleeping terribly well, Friday night notwithstanding. Insisting on falling asleep on her stomach and waking when rolled to her side or back so I could lay her in the crib. Not pulling on her ears, though, and generally being her happy self when awake.
It was this inconsistent sleeping pattern that made me unsure, but Dale had little doubt. "I don't think the amoxicillin is working like it's supposed to. I'll make an appointment and take her in Monday, when I'm off," he stated. Ah, those federal holidays.
He was right. The PA at the doc's office this afternoon just took a look in those little shell-like ears and said, "Yep, it's the left one." I knew enough to announce, "You were right." I like it best when one of us is right and the other doesn't have to be wrong, like this example.
No matter how little she seems to want him sometimes, or to prefer Mommy or even a can of creamed corn, I hope he realizes that he still knows his daughter. Parenting is the least appreciated job in the universe by those who benefit the most from it: the kids. Not just motherhood, but fatherhood too. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Dale is a wonderful, caring, involved, attentive father.

We went from the doc's to the Sears portrait studio where we got Christmas pictures taken.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?