<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 05, 2002

Heather:
This is kind of a personal edition, here, and I'm looking for advice.
Regular readers know that for a number of years I had a nodding acquaintance with my faith. I knew the Church's stand on things (abortion, contraception, etc.) but didn't really live by it. I was considering finding another faith there for a while though I didn't know where, really, to go. I suppose this lack of leadership by anyone else left me where I was, so I could find my way back.
Anyway. During those years I did some things... Nothing that I THINK would get me excommunicated, and I have been to confession since; for the record, this is my second pregnancy ever and the result of the first is toddling around seemingly learning new words every day. Yesterday it was "dog" and "shirt."
I'm wondering how to explain this to my children in the future. I'm afraid they'll ask, "Was Daddy your first? Did you wait until you were married? How old were you, if not?" and not having answers I want to give them. I'm afraid to tell them the truth, in other words. I also want to avoid the, "Do as I say, not as I did" line.
Any help would be much appreciated. Even if it's "I was there and survived."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?