<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 29, 2003

Heather: I think we felt a foot last night. We haven't been able to distinguish any kind of body part from the imminent one, and all of it was a mystery with Maddie. Last night as Dale was "sliming my gut" (applying cocoa butter to reduce the occurrence of stretch marks) and he saw my belly almost erupt. Then there was a bump that didn't move for perhaps 10 or 15 seconds--long enough for me to feel it, whisper, "I think that's a foot," and for him to feel it.
His little foot... the heel was hard, with the rest of the sole having more give to it. My intuition tells me that he flipped head down a while back and is mostly facing my right side, as that's where most of the movement is. And we'll be able to check it, too. Doc wants me to come in the day before Valentine's Day for a second ultrasound to confirm his size; she said Monday that again I'm "all baby." I'd been thinking that over the weekend and was going to ask about it, but she brought it up. She doesn't want to be surprised by a 10-pounder come March, and she's preaching to the choir on that!
His little foot... not even as long as the palm of my hand. That little foot. I think it was the right one.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?