<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 07, 2003

Heather: I almost went to work that morning. Seriously.
If you have to ask which morning, you haven't been paying attention. Sure, the cramps (ha, ha) woke me up along about 2:30, and kept happening so I couldn't really get back to sleep. I finally gave up at 5:30 when Maddie and Dale got up (her decision, not his). I really didn't want to go in for false labor AGAIN, I had grades to put in at work, I had more stuff to check before progress reports were due Tuesday, my sub was coming in that morning to get briefed on where each class was... I was being induced in 36 hours! It couldn't be happening already!
I actually had a compromise worked out in my head. I would go in just for the morning, leave at 11 telling the (probable) truth--I thought I might be in labor but no, my water hadn't broken.
Then my dear wise husband asked the relevant question: "Will you really be able to teach, how you're feeling?"
Okay, you win, hon. Reason prevailed. We dropped Madeleine off at her aunt Misty's, only a 15 minutes early instead of hours like last time and sped to the hospital. Upon arrival, I made it clear that if I were in labor I wanted an epidural, so put my name on the list now. I was thinking of the Call-Ahead Seating idea.
Upon examination, we were told I was 100% effaced and dilated to 4. Today was the day.
He was born at 1 PM, that day. If I'd gone in, the custodian Chuck would have delivered our son (he's a retired firefighter and has delivered 5). Hey, with him, the school nurse, and two health teachers, plus my previous experience, we'd have been okay!
Right. Dale would have had my head examined.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?