<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 01, 2003

Heather: On a happy note: Happy birthday, Dale!

On a rotten note: I have to go back to work. For seven stinking days. It has to do with legalistic minutiae of FMLA and if I don't go back they can come after me for insurance premiums, which are more than our mortgage. That should tell you two things right there: one, health care costs are obscene and two, our house is not exactly what one would call prime real estate. It's not about to be condemned either, but it ain't in the high rent district.

Seven days. So, to mirror the (possible) twilight of my teaching career, I would like to refer to another great seven days. I know mine are literally seven days, though. Here goes:
In the beginning, when God created the heavens and the earth, the earth was a formless wasteland, and darkness covered the abyss, while a mighty wind swept over the waters. Then God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. God saw how good the light was. God then separated the light from the darkness. God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." Thus evening came, and morning followed--the first day.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?