<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 13, 2003

Heather: Truly exciting news. Maddie made peepee in the potty for the first time tonight.

It went like this.

She has, for two nights running, delayed bedtime by saying she has to peepee. "I peepee potty," she says. If I say no, as I'm in there with her rocking D3, she wails it. Daddy to the rescue! He takes her, undresses her, removes her dampened diaper, waits with her, all for naught.
His wisdom came last night: "I think we should hold off on the overnight diaper until she goes through this charade." Good point, and we were going to do that tonight.
But, before any diaper went on her after her bath, I asked her: "Do you want to make peepee on the potty?"
"Ees."
"Peepee potty?" I wanted to confirm.
"Ees."
So, I trailed my stark naked daughter into the bathroom where Daddy was bathing her brother. Since she couldn't get to the big potty, she sat down on her little one. I settled in for what I assumed was an episode in futility.
"I make tars!" she said, pointing down between her legs. "Tars!"
Her little potty has lights that work when the water completes the circuit, and sure enough, red, orange, and green were twinkling down there.

Only those who have tried to toilet train can clearly visualize the utter complete encouraging antics her daddy and I went into. To the point that the little guy was overwhelmed and started to cry a little, but quickly got soothed.

She danced around her room naked, peed some more on the carpet (then she promptly got a towel to clean it up--her initiative), and later wanted to go again (only a little, but hey, I'll count it).

She turned two a week ago today.

She eats her vegetables, accepts "One" for getting Hershey's kisses, and thinks animal crackers are cookies. Barely two and using the potty?
I think He better check His register for a missing angel.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?